From The Old WolfDream
- The text must be within an edit field.
- Long-pressing the edit field (double-tap and hold) summons the selection bar.
- We cannot select arbitrary pieces of the text using granularity.
- Tap Select all and then Copy to load the text into the clipboard.
- TIP: Many applications provide an option for copying directly to the clipboard; it can often be found under Share.
- Long-pressing on an empty edit box brings up a paste button in the top-left corner of that box.
- That button disappears after just a few seconds or if focus moves away from the field.
- It is therefore a good idea to familiarise oneself with the boundaries of the edit field before attempting to paste.
- One tip is to long-press the left edge of the edit field and move straight up to the Paste button.