eSpeak is a compact open source software speech synthesizer that supports a large number of languages. eSpeak uses a "formant synthesis" method. This allows many languages to be provided in a small size. The speech is clear and can be used at high speeds.
This is a port of eSpeak to Android for 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and later (including Marshmallow), supporting all 79 languages and accents of eSpeak TTS Engine.
This port of eSpeak is built on the eyes-free version. It fixes multiple issues found in the eyes-free version: Fixes crashes on Android 4.3 and later...
Free Or Paid:
Play Store Link:
- 1. Talkback reads and can interract with none of the screen elements.
- 2. Talkback reads and can interract with a few screen elements
- 3. Talkback reads and can interract with some screen elements
- 4. Talkback reads and can interract with most screen elements.
- 5. Talkback reads and can interract with all app elements on all screens
- 1. The app or game has no way to adjust it's look to high contrast black
- 2. The app or game has no way to adjust it's look to high contrast black
- 3. The App or game has a night mode or black theme available
- 4. The App or game has a black theme by default
- 5. The app or game allows you to set the color of all foreground and
another version of espeak
This is the one I'm using and the one to get. Apparently there are ads in it. Who knew? The version first promoted here has gone paid. I updated it's listing to reflect that, and you can find both in the search.